Thursday, October 11, 2007

Genetics

Opensource it!

My mind was wondering on things of the relationship between population and genetics. I imagined that the gender and amount of children is a direct result of natural selection. Let me explain. If someone is sterile it means they have nothing hereditary to offer the human race; a genetic dead end. A mixture of male and female offspring may indicate a good genetic balance, good balance of diversity. What if I spawned more males than females, or vice-versa? Maybe women provide proper population balance of particular genes and males provide the diversity in genetics within each offspring. My mom had 2 boys and 2 girls. I have a boy and a girl. I may be within a decent genetic balance. My brother is the same way. However, I have to keep into account the fact that we are both no longer with our baby mommas so the mixtures end there. But what if we had more children? What genetic outputs would change? I wonder. Lady volunteers may apply for vigorous genetic experimentation via email. It's for the benefit of the human race!

What about you? What genetic theories can you come up with based on gender diversity in your family?

No comments: